Self Employed Doctors

You are probably self-employed if you:

  • run your own business and enjoy its success or bear any loss
  • can decide how, when and where you do your work
  • hire other people to do the work for you
  • provide the main items of equipment to do your work
  • have several customers

If you are self-employed:

You should register for tax and National Insurance with HMRC as soon as you start working for yourself. If you delay registering, you may have to pay penalties.

We can help you by providing:

  • Advice on becoming self-employed and registration with HMRC.
  • Advice on tax and national insurance implications.
  • Book-keeping Services.
  • Advice on allowable expenses i.e subscriptions, spouses salary, use of home, travelling expenses e.t.c.
  • Preparation of annual accounts.
  • Preparation of Tax Return.
  • Payroll for Employees/Spouse
  • Tax Calculations and Tax Planning

Require more information?

If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 020 8992 9090. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.